OVERALL GENERAL CLASS RULES - Please note the following rules apply to ALL GENERAL CLASSES in addition to each sections/class specific rules.
- Entries must be the bonafide property of the entrant.
- Any exhibitor proved to have knowingly made false entries will be disqualified and may not be permitted to exhibit at subsequent shows.
- All entries are exhibited at the owner’s risk.
- All entries to be delivered to their respective sections at the times stipulated in each section.
- No entries will be accepted without nomination slip or after the drop off dates/times specified.
- Exhibitors dropping off entries are only allowed access to the showgrounds for 30mins. After such time vehicle/s will be towed at owner’s expense.
- KDSS may cancel/create sections/classes as it deems necessary without notice. In the event of cancellation, any entry fees already paid will be refunded.
- KDSS reserves the right to reallocate entries to the most appropriate section/class & is at the discretion of Section Stewards.
- The Society reserves the right to issue vouchers, product or cash as prizes.
- With the written permission of the KDSS, competitors may sell their entries by auction or outright sale paying to KDSS a 10% commission.
- No awards or ribbons, except those awarded at the current Katherine Show, shall be placed on any exhibit while on the Showground.
- Provisions are made for awarding 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each class. Judges may withhold any or all prizes if exhibits are not of an acceptable standard.
- No names, advertising or distinguishing marks, except brands or earmarks, are permitted to be attached to any exhibit, cage or pen until judging has been completed.
- Exhibitors are not permitted to interfere with the judging.
- Exhibitors must present their nomination receipt to collect entries and prizes.
- Entries cannot be removed before Sunday. Collection is between 10am and 12pm on the Sunday after the Show, unless stated otherwise by a specific section.
- Entries may be collected from KDSS Office between 9am - 4pm from Monday - Thursday immediately after the Show. Perishables are disposed of on the Monday after Show days. Prizes and Entries not collected by 31st July each year will become the property of KDSS and will be disposed of. Prizes not collected by 31st July will be forfeited to KDSS.
- All exhibitors must adhere to the KDSS Animal Welfare Policy. Policy is available online or by contacting the office.
KDSS shall not be responsible for any accident that may be caused to or by an exhibitor, members of the general public or competitor and will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for any losses or non delivery of livestock or entries of any kind, or any injury or damage done thereby. Persons contravening any of KDSS’s rules/regulations shall forfeit any prize awarded. KDSS reserves the right to refuse or cancel, or require any entry to be removed at any time. Exhibitors shall accept the decision of the stewards/judges appointed by KDSS as final. The decisions of the Katherine & District Show Society Committee are final.